Brittany and I were cellmates for 10 days in Key West Jail before I was sent to Glades County Detention Center and was ultimately deported from the USA. She was 18 and I was 54 and we had nothing in common. However, we played a lot of cards and she kept me laughing with her antics and kept me abreast of the gossip and the drama in the unit. She dubbed me "Gangsta Grandma" and urged me to write the rhyme. We practiced and rehearsed our little number before performing it in the rec. yard together in front of the women and guards of Bravo to a standing ovation I might add!
You have to imagine the rap beat and Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. ICE is
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for the uninitiated.
GANGSTA GRANDMA
I'm a gangsta grandma and this is my rhymeI 'bin in the 'po 'po house a long, long time
When I tried to bond out they weren't so nice
They said, "You got a hold and it comes from
ICE, ICE baby
Chorus:
Gangsta Grandma, Gangsta Grandma
(performed by Brittany twirling her waist-length hair)
ICE, ICE baby
Gangsta Grandma, Gangsta Grandma
Depoo's playing cards
Jay's playing hoes
Cheryl walks around saying "Shut the French doors"
Tiffany trades all the chow that she can
Sara says to S.A. drain the cooler man, I need some
ICE, ICE baby
Gangsta Grandma, Gangsta Grandma
ICE, ICE baby
Gangsta Grandma, Gangsta Grandma
Jo-Jo sees the light and Tamala's detained
Hamilton and Swisher are at it once again
Baby Mama gets bigger and the girls are flappin'
Chip reads the cards and tells us what will happen
In paradise, ICE baby
Gangsta Grandma, Gangsta Grandma
ICE, ICE baby
Gangsta Grandma, Gangsta Grandma
United States,
United States,
Estados Unidos...
Awwww fuck it.
© Dawn Connelly 2012
GARLIC BOWL
This is my paper mache Garlic Bowl. I use it to store my garlic bulbs on the kitchen counter.
Purple on the inside and bright yellow on the outside with three hand painted garlic bulbs.
It is 3" x 2" tall (7.5 x 5 cm). Handmade and hand painted. A bright and colorful home decor accent bowl for any dining room side table.
GREEN COPPER BOWL
Beautiful green, teal, white and copper color handmade paper mache bowl. This is truly a one-of-a-kind piece of art.
It measures 10" x 4". Art Deco style. Abstract bowl.
Sturdy and resilient, it can be used as decoration or filled with whatever you choose.
Except for the copper paint outlines and swirls, this bowls was entirely an organic process. The mint coloured paint on the inside was swirled and left to dry in whatever pattern it formed. The same with the taupe on the outside. Then I outlined the resulting design in copper paint. I think the effect is unique and ethereal with an abstract flair. The paint is made with real copper particles.
Forgive me people. This was a crumby week. I had planned on writing a rather elaborate blog post to laud the letter "G". It never happened. Too much going on and only my hugely guilty conscience to prompt me into publishing this rather lame substitute. You can expect my next blog post on August 4.



No comments:
Post a Comment